About the Design// Artist Statement
Dear Family and Friends,
Many of us are heartbroken and scared, devastated by our current national policies, and those we’ve tolerated for hundreds of years. Hard truths have been exposed, illuminating the violence and racial inequities that have shaped us, and values that are poisoning our social and physical environment.
Much is riding on November’s election—from our heating earth to collapsing democracy—and Americans are paying attention. Now, we need to vote. Drum roll please!
Some ideas to GET OUT THE VOTE this November 3rd! (Feel free to pass on!)
- Spread the word in this t-shirt and inspire your community to vote, supporting the amazing Project Shop in the process. Buy 5 eco/organic Ts for everyone in your family! (Hand-printed by Reina Katzenberger, discount for bulk orders): https://theprojectshop.org/product/vote-about-it-shirt/
- Encourage voting with Vote Forward, write letters as part of The Big Send=10 million letters to voters in key states in October (proven to significantly increase voter turnout): https://votefwd.org/bigsend
- Support voter registration with the wildly effective Voter Participation Center: https://www.voterparticipation.org/
- And if you are feeling at least as troubled about our current administration as Lindsey Graham, watch this short video featuring an ad from Republican Voters Against Trump and forward it near and far: https://youtu.be/vM5qhtff_FU
Many are devastated and scared by our current national policies, and those we’ve upheld for hundreds of years. Hard truths have been exposed, illuminating the violence and racial inequities that have shaped us, and values that have poisoned our social and physical environment. It is a dangerous time in America, but it also is a time of historic possibility.
VOTE about it. With great hope and excitement,
About the Artist
Design by Juliana Forbes, who was born and raised in Aspen, Colorado and graduated from the University of California at Berkeley in Cultural Anthropology. She has lived in Boulder since 1990, where she and Tyler Norris raised their children, Eliza Verena and Emmet Daler.
About the Shirt Company
Allmade Eco/Organic Unisex in Aluminum Gray
- Printed on Allmade t-shirts, made using 25% USA sourced organic cotton, 25 % soft and durable Modal, and 50% recycled polyester from plastic bottles. The shirts are cut & sewn in Haiti by people who earn a living wage. The production facility where the shirts are produced directs profits to orphan care and orphan prevention. The end result is a socially responsible, environmentally conscious, and superior quality t-shirt that is made to last.